Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Transportation and shelter

Hey Guys,
so i found this really great website linking transportation and shelter. Here's the link if you want to take a look

http://www.communityfortomorrow.org/Shelter.htm



so basically what it's saying is that the reason that our shelter is what it is today, is due mainly to the development of transportation (what I mentioned in an earlier blog entry)
However, it elaborates that the transportation system is dependant on financial stability and when either this crashes, or when we run out of affordable resources to fund our transportation, we will no longer have the means to build/repair the houses that we've built dependant on this transportation.


"up to this point transportation has determined the nature, structure, and location of our shelter"

it then mentions that "if we are to survive, we must reverse the situation. our transportation must be changed so that it will fit in with our next generation shelters."

I think this is an important factor when redesigning our "ideal slum"

with this new generation of shelter, it is suggested thats transportation must integrate the technology of travelling "highspeed overhead" (e.g. like a suspended train?)

than, for transportation in a broader sense of importation and exportation, long-range transportation will be composed of turbines with airframe construction.

anyways,
I hope this helps, I'll be looking now into clean water production and delivery .
see y'all in soon.


Lia Tramontini
Tuesday November 9th

"Shelter and Transportation." Community for Tomorrow. http://www.communityfortomorrow.org/Shelter.htm (accessed November 9, 2010)

1 comment: